> Follow ¦Dashboard <
Chocolate.


About Item Story Credit


Asking If Someone Remember Or Not
Rabu, 08 Februari 2012 | 17.17 | 0 chocolate
  • Formal Expression:
- I wonder if you remember ...  
- You remember ..., don't you?  
- You haven't forgotten ..., have you?  
- Don't you remember ...?  
- Do you happen to remember it now?  



  • Ways To Respond:   
- Let me think, yes, I remember.  
- I remember especially.  
- I'll never forget that!  
- I'll always remember. 
- I can remember it clearly.  



  • Informal Expression:   
- Remember the old house we used to live in.  
- Remember that?   
- I'm sorry I don't remember.  



  • Ways To Respond:   
- Hold on. Yes, got it!
- I know...
- It's coming back to me now.



  • Respond If You Forget:
-  Sorry, I've completely forgotten.
- I'm afraid I forget.
- I really can't remember.
- I'm afraid I have no memory of him.
- Errr, let me think. No, it's gone.
- Sorry, it slipped off my mind.


  • Example:
It was Sunday morning, Noni got dressed and had breakfast quickly. She was ready to leave for school. Her mother was a little puzzled.
Mother: Hey... Hey... are you going to school?
Noni: Yes, Mom. I overslept, I'm in a hurry.
Mother: You remember Sunday, don't you?
Noni: Oh, my Goodness. I thought it's a school day!


DIALOGUE
  • Deddy and Dyah were talking about the presentation today:
Deddy: Hey how about the presentation today?
Dyah: I was nervous.
Deddy: The same, by the way where Juliany?
Dyah: It may not yet arrived.

  • Shortly Juliany come up with a costume that makes laugh Dyah and Deddy laughed.
Dyah: Hey girl... not wrong?
Juliany: Hmm, what's wrong?
Dyah: Deddy asked the same there.
Deddy: hahaha, you can not remember what this day?
Dyah: This Saturday, you wear uniform for Tuesday.
Juliany: Oh no, I don't remember.
Deddy: hahaha, OK no problem.

OLDER POST | NEWER POST